Monday, April 05, 2010

Mr. Congeniality

Thursday, Apr. 1, 2010, 1:28 PM Pacific (Remember this date for years to come - it's the day a man just laid it all on the line and bared his soul in the name of Art. And good boobs.)

10 WOMEN RANKED IN THE ORDER OF HOW ATTRACTIVE I FIND THEM
Print
ART PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT
NON-UNION
NO PAY

Casting Director: Nandan
XXXXX
Start Date: April 20th 2010
Location: XXXXX Broadway, Suite 1206
SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY BY SATURDAY 4/17
TEL: 541.979.
XXXX

NOTE: ALSO INCLUDE PERFORMANCE VIDEOS OR ACTOR SLATES IF AVAILABLE. DO NOT SEND DEMO TAPES.


This is a photography project that examines the institution of casting, while simultaneously taking a critical yet empathetic look at the act of judgement (I'm judging you on your spelling...) and the guilt associated with this everyday act.


SEEKING:

[ 10 FEMALE MODELS ]

The project is pretty straightforward, I am looking for 10 female models of whom I will take full-body standing portraits using standard techniques associated with fashion photography. The portraits will be fully-clothed, and the women participating will be responsible for designing and bringing their own wardrobe. The final product will be a collection of ten portraits that will be displayed in ranked order of how attractive I decide I find the individuals portrayed.

I would be happy to answer any questions regarding the project. I am not really sure if I've managed to make the ideas I have about this project clear at all. So please ask if you do have any questions.

Well, if the role you are fake casting is just for a "pretty" girl then I might buy this idea. But usually roles have more specific requirements like, um, talent, or something.

But, anyway - good luck to you. And just FYI, I rank this ad as the 27th most weird idea that is also demeaning toward women.
...

No comments: