Thursday, May 08, 2008

All Work And No Pay

Lead Actress 30-45 years old, short film on May 10. Urgent! (TriBeCa)
Reply to: XXXXX.org
Date: 2008-05-04, 10:04PM EDT

Sorry for the last minute post, but I need an actress for this short film of 4-6 minute. It's an one day shooting project on May 10th. But you need to read the script, come up with a character analysis and compare with my script analysis during the week.

Please send me your resume and head shot ASAP! Thanks. No pay but lunches. Non-union.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: no pay

You have to do some reading, write a "report" (character analysis) to be "graded" (compared), and all you get is lunch? Sounds a heck of a lot like school, if you ask me.

And what's with the writing assignment - whatever happened to old fashioned auditioning???

Ok, fine, I'll do it - but only if I get to make out with the school's star quarterback, afterward.

No comments: