Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A+

I'm guessing that sometimes people may think I'm a little hard on some of the ads I skewer on my blog. Maybe I am picky - but it's for good reason. This is a profession, people, so let's conduct ourselves accordingly. You don't need a big budget or big names to at least look sane and responsible. Here's an example:

Looking for an actress
Reply to: XXXXX.org
Date: 2007-04-17, 8:52PM EDT

My name is XXXXX Martinez and I am looking for an actress for a May 5th shoot. The character is named Cynthia, who is an online gamer, in which her boyfriend, Danny, does not know about. Ages 20-25, volunteer, will be feed (I'm assuming he means "fed" or "food"and not that you will be munching on oats from a burlap sack) on shoot, reimbursments on mass transit travel (Round trip $4). Please contact me if you are interested and I will send you the screenplay and info on auditions. Thank you and I hope to hear from you all.

· it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
· Compensation: no pay


He tells us up front:
What he needs - One actress.
Who she is - Cynthia, aged 20-25 years who is a secretive online gamer.
When - May 5th.
Material - He is offering potential candidates to see the script before deciding.
Pay - No salary or stipend but you will be reimbursed for travel.

Hey, sure, $4 is a token and I'm sure most people might be like "Dude, keep the money", but he's offering and that is a GOOD and NICE and PROFESSIONAL thing to do.

I wish you luck XXXXX Martinez!
...

No comments: